Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Dawn of the Dead Boys


Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Originally uploaded by revtimmyjames.
I've decided (and will not be dissuaded) that George Romero's Dawn of the Dead is the most punk rock movie, ever.

It says "fuck you" to, in no particular order:
  • racists
  • people on TV
  • the government
  • malls (duh)
  • clergy (even if one-legged)

And reminds us that, deep down, S.W.A.T. Team members really just want to shoot mannequins and tie camel colored sweaters around their necks.

It also makes the important point that Motorcycle gangs, while entertaining to have around for a while, will ultimately fuck your shit up.

I met Mr. Romero briefly while my friend was working on the remake of "Night".
I'll never forget what he said to me:
"Excuse me, could you pass me some napkins please."

Sage words, indeed.

2 comments:

Walking Spanish said...

i do believe i have never seen this film...
thanks for the recommend - i'll put it right on my netflix.thank you for you religiously inspred guidance reverend - oh yeah,
and if you have sec - check the latest posting at my blog

http://whitebelts.blogspot.com/

Richard Bacchus said...

We may fuck your shit up, but once all your stuff is broken up into little tiny iddy biddy pieces, we're a fairly chill bunch.

-Richard Bacchus, High Commander, Ghost Boys M.C.